Feel free to contact us for more information. We can provide yours Certification IP69K performing each provided test.
1. IP RATINGS SCALE
|1||Protected against solid objects greater than 50 mm.|
|2||Protected against solid objects greater than 12 mm diameter.|
|3||Protected against solid objects greater than 2.5mm diameter.|
|4||Protected against solid objects greater than 1.0mm diameter.|
|6||Dust tight. No Ingress of dust.|
|1||Protected against vertically dripping water.|
|2||Protected against dripping water when tilted up to 15°.|
|3||Protected against spraying water at an angle of up to 60° from vertical.|
|4||Protected against splashing water when the enclosure is tilted at any angle up to 15°.|
|5||Protected against water jets from any direction|
|6||Protected against heavy seas or powerful jets of water.|
|7||Protected against the effects of short term immersion (under defined conditions of pressure and time).|
|8||Protected against submersion (under conditions specified by the manufacturer).|
|9k||Protected against close-range high pressure, high temperature spray downs.|
2. What is IP69K?The IP69K is a rating of the ex German standard DIN 40050-9 extending the IEC 60529, nowaday the standard ISO20653, that provides protection against ingress of dust and high temperature, high pressure water – making products with this certification ideal for use in conditions where equipment must be carefully sanitized.
In industries such as food processing, where hygiene and cleanliness is paramount, equipment must be able to withstand rigorous high pressure, high temperature wash-down procedures.
In many industries, where dust and dirt can be an issue, it is important to ensure that dust cannot penetrate the casing of a product and cause it to fail.
The IP69K rating is the highest protection available.
3. What are the advantages of IP69K?In environments that require heavy washdown, such as in the food processing industry, the combination of water, chemicals, high pressures and temperatures can prove fatal for electronic circuits and instrumentation. The IP69K rating offers complete assurance that the piece of equipment that has undergone that tests is both durable and resistant and conforms to the highest protection rating on the scale.
4. How does a product achieve the IP69K rating?Products bearing the IP69K rating undergo a challenging set of tests to ensure that they offer protection against penetration of high pressure, high temperature water and dust.
5. How is the water intrusion test performed?The water intrusion tests themselves are done by placing the product on a turntable with a rotational speed of 5 ±1 revolutions per minute. The product is then sprayed at close range at a rate of approximately 4 gallons/16 liters per minute with water pressure of between 1160-1450 psi, at a temperature of 176°F/80°C.
The nozzle from which the water is sprayed is held between 4 and 6 inches from the product, at a variety of angles. Following this rigorous testing procedure, the product is deemed as having successfully achieved the rating if it completely resists water ingress.
6. Test ConditionA product is on the turn table that rotates 5 times per minutes.
Pressure: 80~100 bar
Flow Rate: 14~16 liter/minute
Temperature: +80°C / -5°C
Distance from Nozzle: 100~150mm
Nozzle Angle: 0°, 30°, 60°, 90°
Testing Period: 30sec per angle
NOTE: The canonical test according to the reference standard requires that the sample to be tested with the longest side must be less than or equal to 250 mm; if the longest side of the sample to be tested exceeds 250 mm, we are able to carry out the test anyway as "custom test" applying a rate for large samples.