Degree of Protection IP 68 No ingress of dust; complete protection against contact (Dust-tight) and protected against continuously water immersion (Water-tight), the duration of the test shall consider the condition that enclosure will be continuously immersed in the actual use.
- IPX8 Test 100 meters deep (10 bar, 145 psi) and multiples..
- IPX8 Test 1000 meters deep (100 bar, 1450 psi)
- IPX8 Test 2000 meters deep (200 bar, 2900 psi)
- IPX8 Test 3000 meters deep (300 bar, 4350 psi)
- IPX8 Test 4000 meters deep (400 bar, 5800 psi)
- IPX8 Test 4000 meters deep (450 bar, 6526 psi) max depth reachable
We are able to perform IPX8 tests (water test) up to 4500 meters deep (450 bar) on samples with a maximum size of 100x100x180(h) cm ~:
For larger products we are able to test samples in an autoclave of 2 meters (2000 mm) ~ in diameter and 3.5 meters (3500 mm) in height, simulating a depth of 500 meters (50 bar).
For samples up to 95x95x100 (h) cm ~ we have an autoclave that we often use for IPX8 tests up to 40 meters deep (4 bar, 58 psi).
Sometimes many customers contact us in order to test even cabinets with oversize dimensions and weight, in that case we need to consider the possibility to build a custom set-up in order to perform the test. We invite you to write us in order to know our engineering limits.
The chart below in "attached document" shows the various degrees of protection IP that can be performed.